Accounting and finance policies and procedures are the most efficient way to implement company-wide effective internal control tools in any organization. They are part of every business cycle: purchase and payment cycle, inventory and production, HR and payroll, fixed assets and capitalization of costs, and the sales and collection cycle. On top of that, accounting and finance policies and procedures are essential for the board of directors and senior management to communicate limitations and authorities given to different managers and employees throughout the organization. Moreover, their use is also extended to organize financial reporting and compliance with regulators outside the organization.
In this course participants will be encouraged to think of risk-based processes to write and implement operational policies and procedures. They will learn to allocate tasks to different personnel based on proper segregation of duties and to use software to implement the controls efficiently. Also, the course covers sample financial statements prepared according to the International Financial Reporting System (IFRS).
This course uses explanations by a subject matter expert on how to write policies and procedures and what to include in them. Participants will be asked to write policies and procedures in different business cycles leading to financial reporting as per IFRS.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Design and produce a model accounting and finance manual
- Plan the required resources needed for the department
- Apply accounting concepts and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Set the chart of accounts in details to suit the business model
- Create comprehensive policies and procedures to streamline accounting for fixed assets
- Develop policies and processes for current assets and current liabilities
- Formulate reporting requirements as per International Financial Reporting Standards
Professionals in accounting and finance.
- Designing policies and procedures
- Understanding business cycles
- Applying financial policies
- Preparing accounting procedures
- Segregating employee tasks
- Implementing internal controls
- Developing accounting systems
- Complying with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual learning on WhatsApp and Zoom. Consult us for details.