Accounting is the language of business. By attending this course you will learn the fundamentals of accounting as well as reading and analyzing financial statements. You will also appreciate the relationship between accounting and finance and understand the use of debits and credits. Finally, this course will help you to record financial transactions accurately and summarize them in financial statements.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define accounting and the accounting cycle
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic accounting equation, double-entry bookkeeping, and the new automated accounting systems
- List the key financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, changes in shareholders’ equity and cash flow statement) and their components
- Practice financial statements’ adjustments at month and year-end
Managers, supervisors and staff from any function who need to improve their understanding, application and techniques of the language of numbers.
- Accounting for business transactions
- Preparing income statements
- Preparing balance sheets
- Using debits and credits
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual learning on WhatsApp and Zoom. Contact us for details.