This goes beyond the theory of budgeting as a concept to cover specific steps to make the budget a value-added process in the organization. By building user-friendly models and applying scenario analysis, management will spend less time gathering data and more time analyzing this data for decision making. Several Microsoft Excel tools are used throughout this course for practicality and to provide participants with the skills needed to apply in their organization immediately. Such tools include ‘what-if’ analysis and the ‘solver’, among many others.
The course also highlights some of the main forecasting models and the detailed evaluation of capital budgeting techniques, all of which are applied in Microsoft Excel and put into practice.
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate the budgeting process in their organizations and recommend improvements
- Create budget templates and models for their departments or organizations
- Apply several forecasting techniques to better manage uncertainties in budgeting
- Evaluate capital budgeting decisions using several methods and recommend proper action
- Utilize Microsoft Excel functions and tools in the budgeting process including breakeven analysis and optimization
Finance directors, managers, controllers, accountants, budget analysts, budget owners and professionals who wish to expand their budgeting knowledge.
- Building models in Microsoft Excel
- Evaluating proposals
- Applying Microsoft Excel functions and tools
- Assessing budgeting process
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual training on WhatsApp and Zoom.