Conflict is an inevitable part of business. In situations where people have different goals and needs, conflicts arise, clashes take place and often, as a result, intense personal animosity will result.
However, conflict is not necessarily bad. If resolved effectively, a conflict can eliminate many otherwise hidden problems.
If a conflict is not managed well, it might escalate and lead to non-productive results. But if managed effectively, it can lead to quality and beneficial outcomes. That is why learning to manage conflict is an integral and imperative requirement to a productive organizational culture.
In this course you will see that while not all conflicts can be resolved, learning to manage them decreases the odds of non-productive escalation.
Learning to manage conflict involves skills related to conflict resolution, an awareness of conflict modes, conflict communication skills and the establishment of a structure for the management of conflict in your environment.
Moreover, in this course you will also learn to appreciate the importance of adapting to any type of organizational change and to lead and manage such change by managing the factors creating the resistance to change.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define and understand the different sources of conflict
- Discover their own conflict resolution styles
- Apply specific skills in order to improve relationships
- List benefits and disadvantages of conflicts
- Use the different bases of power and manage them to adapt to the situation
- Practice various strategies to win the trust of people in order to motivate them
- Manage resistance to change and recognize the strong emotions associated with it
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
This course is designed for business professionals who want to expand their conflict resolution skills, understand their own emotions and behaviors, and find productive ways to manage conflict with influence, even when authority is lacking.
- Managing conflicts
- Leading others
- Situation analysis
- Problem solving
- Emotional intelligence
- Evaluating cost associated with change
- Conflict resolution
- Self-awareness about conflict modes
- Conflict communication skills
- Sensitivity to others
- Understanding motivational needs
- Assessing change intensity
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual training on WhatsApp and Zoom. Consult us for details.