We are continuously confronted with problems that require us to take decisions. Most decisions are reached without requiring any complex decision-making process: We’re hungry? We eat. Some problems are more complex, like deciding how to prioritize our work, or understanding why a process failed and deciding what to do about it; these require a rational approach to problem solving. Often, things get even more complicated, or our decisions could have an important impact on our lives, careers or the lives of those around us; that is where we must have the ability to think critically and make sure there is no flaw in our logic. At other times the problem is so unusual that it defies rational and critical thinking; these are the times where creative problem solving becomes an invaluable tool.
In this course we will cover these thinking approaches. We will provide you with methods and tools that you will practice during the session and that can help you at work or in life.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Build and expand decision making, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Apply logical and creative approaches to solving problems and making decisions
- Use traditional and creative tools for identifying causes and generating solutions
- Employ creativity and lateral thinking as business tools
- Analyze and solve actual problems facing them at work
- Demonstrate and build credibility with upper management
- Develop strategic approaches to problem solving and decision making
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
Managers, supervisors and administrators who will benefit from better problem solving and decision-making skills, and business professionals who want to take their critical thinking to the next level by using both their experience and intuition to make the right moves and decisions
- Attention to details
- Balanced decision making
- Evaluating options
- Intuitive decision making
- Practical and proactive thinking
- Situation analysis
- Problem-solving ability and anticipating potential problems
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual training on WhatsApp and Zoom. Contact us for details.