A technical report is more than a mere representation of facts pertaining to a situation. An effective report can move people towards taking a desired course of action. Moreover, the quality of a report can influence how its subject matter is perceived by the reader. In this course, we will describe the different types of reports. We will master the structuring and scoping of reports, from conception to completion. We will also learn to write for our specific audience with a tangible sense of purpose. Finally, we will discover a logical approach towards developing visual aids to support our representation of the facts, conclusions and recommendations that comprise the report.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Write purposeful business and technical reports that meet readers’ requirements
- Utilize different templates and report types to achieve reporting objectives
- Generate reliable conclusions effectively by researching, analyzing and organizing information
- Provide evidence-backed recommendations to support management decision making
- Use visual aids appropriately to support the presentation of information
- Apply advanced methodologies to make every report a winning report
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
All those who are required to prepare technical reports such as engineers, safety officers, technicians, accountants, managers and others.
- Written communication
- Report writing and structuring
- Structured thinking
- Ability to address complex situations
- Analytical skills
- Ability to generate sound recommendations
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual training on WhatsApp and Zoom. Contact us for details.