How can you manage what you do not or cannot measure? This course attempts to inspire Human Resources (HR) professionals to stop just “doing” and start “delivering”. This cannot be done unless they take the necessary steps to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of their HR functions, benchmark the results internally and externally, and consequently design initiatives for continuous improvement. In this course, you will learn what Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are, their characteristics and how they should be used and reported. This course will also present and discuss over 50 HR KPIs that can be easily used in your job. Furthermore, the course will demonstrate that by measuring your HR results, benchmarking them and taking action to improve them, you will be playing the four fundamental roles of an HR business partner: strategic partner, administrative expert, employee champion, and change agent. The ultimate “take away” of this course is the design of an HR balanced scorecard that will allow the HR department to contribute to the achievement of company strategic goals.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Defend the metrics, measures and KPIs applied to HR and show the role they play in measuring the effectiveness of the HR function
- List the KPIs that should be used in measuring HR as a function
- Define and calculate the main KPIs that should be used to measure the efficiency of the critical processes in HR
- Design and calculate the main formulas for evaluating the financial contribution of HR to the organization
- Generate and calculate the employee satisfaction index and use it to measure employee morale
- Explain employee turnover, its types and the various formulas used to calculate it
- Create and implement the HR scorecard
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
This course is targeted at human resources professionals who have been working in any HR function for at least three years. HR professionals need to evaluate and report on the effectiveness of human resources to senior management. This course will help them to do that in addition to market their image as business partners. The course is also suitable for human resources managers and senior executives who are accountable for the overall contribution of the HR function.
The targeted competencies in this course are:
- Leading and supervising
- Deciding and initiating action
- Persuading and influencing
- Presenting and communicating
- Analytical thinking
- Formulating concepts and strategies
- Planning and organizing
- Achieving goals and objectives
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual learning on WhatsApp and Zoom. Contact us for details.