Demand planning and stock control will help Supply Chain Management (SCM) improve the accuracy of forecasts, ensure enough inventory levels at all times and enhance profitability by optimizing expenses. When demand planning and stock control are properly executed, shortages of what is needed and extra stocks will be a story of the past. Demand planners are “behind the scenes” professionals who are entrusted with this task. Their job is not straightforward given the dynamic nature of the scope and its many uncertainties. However, when executed right, the companies involved can capitalize on the many untapped opportunities where SCM can make a difference. In this course, several demand planning theories, models and best practices will be discussed. When properly implemented, they will help participants in dealing with various future scenarios in order to ensure a continuous flow of inventory at the least possible cost.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- State the objectives of stock management and list their impact on cost and customer service
- Prepare proper classification of stock and use best practices for item specification and cataloguing
- Use scientific forecasting techniques to predict demand and better manage lead times
- Differentiate and categorize stock cost elements
- Compute the optimum ordering quantity and determine safety stocks and reorder points
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
Those involved in inventory (materials) planning and stock control at the operational and supervisory levels. Also, all those working in other functions of materials management (purchasing, stores, and distribution) who need to understand the mechanics of inventory planning and stock control.
- Planning logistics
- Logistics work processes
- Inventory management
- Assessment and planning of requirements
- Forecasting demand
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual learning on WhatsApp and Zoom. Contact us for details.