Managers are constantly confronted with solving complex problems and making critical decisions. If not handled properly, these problems can have severe negative eﬀects on operations and profitability. This course equips managers with the right tools and techniques to ensure they will find proper and permanent solutions to problems and make optimum decisions. Participants will learn how to develop the right mindset for solving problems, and enable them to understand, analyze and appreciate the diﬀerent types of problems, conduct in-depth root cause analysis and make the right decisions for permanent solutions. Participants will also discover that some problems cannot be solved using rational problem solving methods but need diﬀerent, more creative approaches. In this course we will enhance the participants’ idea generating proficiency and we will enable them to lead a creative team. Finally, and after a solution is formulated and a decision is made, participants will learn how to ‘sell’ their solutions to stakeholders and get the buy in. On this course, participants will also discover how to influence others and get support for what has been decided.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the structured model for systematically addressing problems and decisions
- Practice the use of key tools and techniques for analyzing and solving problems
- Conduct a comprehensive root cause analysis of any problem
- Demonstrate the use of several disciplines in decision making
- Identify various creative idea generating tools which can be practically applied at the workplace
- Apply influencing techniques to enable better decision making and implementation
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
Team leaders, department managers and supervisors who are involved in leading and participating in solving their teams’ problems, as well as making and implementing decisions.
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Situational analysis
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual learning on WhatsApp and Zoom. Contact us for details.