This course is specifically designed to cover the key elements of portfolio construction for equities and equity-related products. It includes an analysis of the relative suitability of the wide variety of equity instruments available for investors with various risk appetites and investment horizons.
A core focus of the course is a comprehensive review of the different kinds of strategic and tactical allocation strategies, returns forecasting and portfolio optimization approaches. In addition, there is an emphasis on performance attribution and numerous real-world examples of how risk management and hedging techniques can be applied to equity portfolios.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of equities as an asset class
- Determine the “fair value” of equities through analyzing the different models that have been used for deriving corporate valuations
- Apply analytical skills to the value of fundamental analysis of corporate performance and equity valuation using financial statements
- Recognize the key principles and lessons from different styles of asset allocation and portfolio management, including innovative approaches following the 2007/8 financial crisis
- Demonstrate competence with equity-based derivatives and know how to benefit from their use as hedging tools
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
The course is ideal for those who are engaged in both the buy side and sell side of asset management and trading, and who wish to expand and refine their knowledge of global equities, the markets/platforms upon which they are traded and techniques for portfolio construction and management. It is also highly useful for fund managers whose mandate entails a significant risk exposure to emerging market equities.
- Analytical Skills
- Portfolio Management
- Asset Allocation
- Portfolio Construction
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual learning on WhatsApp and Zoom. Contact us for details.