This course provides an understanding of the structure, contents and applicability of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
It covers the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of safety and health hazards in the workplace for general industries. It also provides information regarding employers’ responsibilities as defined by OSHA, and focuses on the implementation of effective safety programs and record keeping requirements.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain and apply the contents of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration 29CFR1910 (OSHA) standards
- Prepare an effective safety program that will also increase employee morale and productivity, and reduce overall costs
- Describe the training requirements of OSHA standards and identify the training topics that their organization’s employees will need
- Apply the record keeping requirements of OSHA to maintain an effective workplace injury log
- Distinguish the difference between workers’ rights and employers’ responsibilities as defined by OSHA
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
This course is designed for health and safety directors, field supervisors, engineers, safety professionals, site managers and anyone seeking better knowledge of the rules and regulations that govern workplace safety requirements.
- Understanding OSHA
- Complying with health and safety
- Applying safety measures
- Implementing safety training requirements
- Record keeping
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual learning on WhatsApp and Zoom. Contact us for details.