This course starts with the assumption that you already have a business strategy and outlines some techniques for creating business plans that are aligned with this strategy. It provides techniques for checking that the plans – and hence the strategy – are financially viable.
Moving on to forecasting, the program describes seven techniques that between them improve the accuracy of any forecast you have to make. This leads in to budgeting, which should convert the business plan and the short-term forecasts into a financial statement of expected revenues and costs.
Many organizations are dissatisfied with the budget as a mechanism of planning and control. For them the budget absorbs a great deal of management effort and provides questionable value in return. This course explores several ways of improving the budget – from getting rid of it altogether to adopting a range of less radical modifications.
Who should attend?
- Middle and senior managers with commercial responsibilities
- Business unit heads
- All those responsible for planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Senior managers who need to know more about budgeting and forecasting without having to know the intricacies of company finance
Participants attending this programme will learn how to:
- Translate strategy into results
- Generate a business plan that drives organisational activity
- Increase the accuracy of forecasting
- Ensure realistic forecasting
- Allocate appropriate resources
- Set budgets that are quicker to create, encourage the right behaviours and add value
- Identify and manage key risks
- Avoid the weaknesses of conventional approaches to budgeting
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual learning on WhatsApp and Zoom. Contact us for details.