Financial statements and the annual report are key communication channels between companies and their different stakeholders. By attending this course, you will be able to prepare financial statements as per the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) which will allow you to maintain your company’s financial reporting transparency and credibility.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain each part of the accounting cycle
- Design effective chart of accounts
- Perform accounting adjustments including deferrals and accruals
- Create trial balance and adjusted trial balance
- Describe and map charts of accounts to the financial statements
- Prepare and present income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Formulate notes to the financial statements
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
Senior and junior accountants, accounting and finance professionals, chief accountants, accounting managers and supervisors, financial controllers and any accounting and finance professionals interested in learning and updating their knowledge regarding the preparation of financial statements and notes.
- Understanding the accounting cycle
- Designing chart of accounts
- Performing accounting adjusting entries
- Preparing and analyzing income statements
- Preparing and analyzing balance sheets
- Preparing and analyzing cash flow
- Reviewing and understanding financial statements notes
- Utilizing Excel functions
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual learning on WhatsApp and Zoom. Contact us for details.