Planning is both the most critical and the most challenging phase of any procurement operation. It provides direction towards how the function intends to secure the supply security of the organization. When it comes to bid management, a sound procurement plan will help balance the often conflicting goals of generating savings and satisfying internal customers. In this course, we provide a thorough explanation on how to approach the planning of procurement objectives and initiatives. We delve into the diﬀerent qualitative and quantitative forecasting techniques as they relate to inventory planning and we demonstrate how diﬀerent vendor integration strategies can be applied to help sustain operations and projects.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Write strategic procurement objectives and initiatives to support long term directions
- Arrange ‘spend items’ into categories that support planning of go-to-market strategies
- Apply demand forecasting techniques to improve planning of procurement activities
- Generate vendor integration strategies to ensure supply security
- Evaluate vendor bids in a scientific manner to support selection decision making
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
Purchasing and supply chain professionals at all levels of the organization who are involved in planning, sourcing, buying and bid selection activities, as well as personnel who are involved in the purchasing process.
- Procurement planning
- Business analysis
- Structured thinking
- Business forecasting
- Inventory planning
- Performance evaluation
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual training on WhatsApp and Zoom. Contact us for details.