Managing the purchasing department of the 21st Century is not an easy task. Today’s global economy makes the purchasing function increasingly complicated. In this course, we will explore how to manage the various suppliers that may be located thousands of kilometers from your plant while achieving real cost savings. Furthermore, we will discover how the purchasing department fits in the overall function of the supply chain operation. Lastly, we will cover how the purchasing department should be managed properly to achieve all of its Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define the strategic role of the purchasing department
- Perform accurate supplier evaluation
- Develop effective negotiation strategies with all suppliers
- Explain the importance of value analysis to purchasing
- Evaluate the performance of the department using proper Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Improve the efficiency of the purchasing department
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
Buyers, senior buyers, purchasing supervisors, purchasing managers and all other personnel who need to understand the purchasing function.
- Strategic purchasing operations
- Item value analysis
- Departmental management
- Purchasing ethics
- Supplier evaluation
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual learning on WhatsApp and Zoom. Contact us for details.