The procurement department is often viewed and managed as an administrative function, with sourcing activities executed at arms length. Strategic sourcing addresses this issue by providing a strategic approach towards optimizing and continuously improving sourcing activities using a proven 7-step methodology. In this course, we describe the steps entailed in the strategic sourcing process. We outline an approach for developing product categories via an analysis of organizational spend. We then discover six go-to-market strategies and describe how each can be matched with different product categories. Finally, we identify the appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) required for the continuous improvement of sourcing activities.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Analyze internal spend and supply market dynamics to provide a foundation for sourcing plans
- Execute different sourcing strategies to optimize savings and ensure supply security
- Identify appropriate suppliers for effective execution of sourcing plans
- Describe operational and strategic procurement processes for better value
- Implement different purchasing methods to streamline procurement operations
- Apply supplier integration techniques for sustainable supplier relations
- Manage performance of procurement processes for continuous improvement
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
Purchasing and supply chain professionals at all levels of the organization as well as other company personnel who are involved in the purchasing process.
- Vendor integration
- Vendor performance management
- Sourcing strategies
- Market analysis
- Strategic thinking
- Continuous performance improvement
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual learning on WhatsApp and Zoom. Contact us for details.