Most supervisors are promoted into the role of supervisor because they are good at doing the job, not because they are good at supervising others; that skill has to be learned. Supervising others can be a tough job. Between managing your own time and projects, helping your team members solve problems and complete tasks, and helping other supervisors, your day can fill up before you know it. .Discover how to become more efficient and proficient, with information on delegating, managing time, setting goals and expectations (for yourself and others), providing feedback, resolving conflict, and administering discipline.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THE COURSE?
This course is designed for new supervisors or those who have been in the position but would like to develop their skills in supervising their team.
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM THIS COURSE?
- Identify key roles and responsibilities of a supervisor
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Set SMART goals for yourself and for your team
- Understand how people are motivated
- Set expectations for your staff
- Manage your time more efficiently
- Explore ways to influence employees’ performance
- Discover why performance improvement plans are so critical
- Learn how to function effectively as a team
- Assign work and delegate appropriately
- Provide effective, appropriate feedback to your staff
- Learn how to identify, measure and relieve your stress
- Identify appropriate leadership styles to suit your subordinates
- Gain a better understanding of the nature of conflict in the workplace
- Devise a strategy that builds synergy on those you lead
- Work out a personal plan of action to affirm lessons learnt
- Help your team resolve conflicts
- Understand how to manage effectively in particular situations
- Understand what a new supervisor needs to do to get started on the right path
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual learning on WhatsApp and Zoom. Contact us for details.