First impressions are often made within seven seconds of a meeting and are difficult, if not impossible, to change. Among other things, this course helps you leave a great first impression. It also addresses how to deal with others in a business setting taking into account differences in culture and region. Since business is often conducted over lunch or dinner, dining skills can also impact someone’s opinion of you as a potential business partner. During the five days of this course you will also get tips on how to apply proper manners and business etiquette in many different settings. In addition, many diplomatic ‘incidents’ occur due to the personnel’s lack of understanding of various protocol standards. Therefore, a portion of the course is dedicated to introducing the international rules of protocol that need to be implemented during formal occasions and visits.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how to behave correctly in both business and social situations
- Describe how to interact and communicate effectively with different types of guests
- Demonstrate appropriate personal and professional conduct
- Plan VIP visits and formal occasions while executing the role of the ideal host
- Apply proper communication etiquette
- Implement different variations in protocol and etiquette from different cultures, nations and regions
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
Personnel officers, public relations professionals, events organizers, personal assistants, employees in the hospitality business and all those whose position requires dealing and interacting with important persons in both government and private sectors.
- Public speaking
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Presentation delivery
- Active listening
- Building rapport
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Light lunch
Deal: 5% discount for two to four participants and 10% discount for 5 and above participants. We also offer virtual learning on WhatsApp and Zoom. Contact us for details.